This is a community for fans of Japanese pop singer T.M.Revolution, aka Takanori Nishikawa. Being a fan of his for years, I considered making a community a long time ago. The announcement of his first U.S. concert made me decide to open it June 1, 2003. With T.M.Revolution being introduced to America, his fanbase has grown by leaps and bounds in these past two years since then! I hope this community can be a helpful resource for those both new and old to the T.M.R fandom.
T.M.Revolution is best known in the American anime community for doing an ending theme for Rurouni Kenshin (Heart of Sword ~Yoake Mae~) and the first opening for Gundam SEED (Invoke). Aside from that, his song Hot Limit can be heard on Dance Dance Revolution 5th Mix, as an English version not sung by Takanori. ^_^; Since 2003, Tofu Records has begun releasing American versions of some of his albums and DVDs with romanized lyric booklets, and it's become a lot easier to support him from overseas. But his popularity in Japan stretches much farther than that. :D He debuted under the name T.M.Revoluton in 1996. His music is a very addictive dance-pop style, though sometimes there are slower, emotional songs ~ almost all of them written by Daisuke Asakura with lyrics by Akio Inoue. I'll spare you the full history here, though! He has made some appearances in the U.S. -- in August 2003 he appeared in Baltimore, MD, in May 2004 he appeared in Anaheim, CA, and most recently he came back April 2008 in New York, NY. Let's all support him when he comes back to visit again!
This community is for all fans, regardless of how long they've been listening to the music, to share the love of the Takanori Makes Revolution project. :D All fans of T.M.R, please join! ^_^ We're here for discussion, questions, and more.
Before posting, please read the following! There are not many rules in this community, but the ones we have, we ask to be followed.
1. Please use an LJ cut for large images, or anything over 300x300 and 80k*. We ask this for a few reasons, namely to reduce loading speed for dial-up users, and to reduce the clutter. We will ask you once to correct this if you forgot it, and give you a fair 24 hours to fix it before deleting the post. If you don't know how to LJ cut, please read this page of the LJ FAQ: http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=75
*. 300x300 in size and 80k. One picture per post, as to futher avoid clutter. Any other pictures after the aforementioned should be put under an LJ cut.
2. No rumors or bashing*. Period. We do not want to mislead anyone, especially newcomers to the fandom. This rule is about as strict, if not moreso, than the LJ cut one. If you're posting a parody, please state so in bold.
*. What we mean by this includes things along the lines of bashing Puffy/Puffy AmiYumi, or rumors about Takanori and his marriage and divorce with Yumi. We won't have it here, okay? This also includes rumors about Takanori's sexuality, or anything along those lines. If it's personal information about him, then it's probably not something we should spreading around without knowing the truth. It's all about respect. If this rule is not followed, neither of us will hesitate to delete the post.
3. No flame wars / respect other members. Flames will be either frozen or deleted. We are moderators, not babysitters. If you'd like to start a flame war, please do so on your own journals. We are not elitist by any means, but we will not tolerate this behavior.
4. No disrespecting the moderators. You should not disrespect any of our members, as stated above, but especially not the moderators.
5. Do not post just asking for mp3s of songs available on official CDs, or for PVs that were released on video. We're all about supporting our favorite artists, so the only things you should be downloading are samples. Not to mention that Tofu Records has begun to release T.M.R's newer work in America so it's easier to buy the real goods and support him! You may, however, ask for mp3s or videos that are not commercially available. Examples of this include TV appearances or unreleased material. If you have a special circumstance for needing an mp3 or PV that can be bought instead, like for a project or something along those lines, please contact the administrator at nuriko before posting. 5a. We're okay with you sharing files, but please keep it to a minimum. If you are going to share a PV or mp3 sample for our members, please make the post FRIENDS ONLY. Also, please don't post your list of files. This is not just going to be a download request community, but I'll allow it when people feel like being nice and sharing a bit of what they have to entice members to buy the real stuff. :P
6. We'd like your posts to have substance. Unless you are also sharing images or asking a quick question, or something similar, your post should be longer than just a couple of lines. We don't need the community filled up with "Taka is so hot omg" posts, and believe us when we say it's happened before. ~_~ A lot. But also, if you're only asking a small question... Try to Google it or something first before posting here. You could even try looking back a few entries first too. Thanks!
That's pretty much it. Not a lot to ask, right? ^^ Follow the rules accordingly and you should have a pretty good time here! If you should decide not to follow the rules, we have the authority to ban you... But let's hope it doesn't have come to that!